The program is now open to applications from start-ups from around the world specializing in construction materials and building solutions. Interested companies and entrepreneurs can apply directly on LH Accelerator website until March 25, 2018.
The program will begin in May and is a unique opportunity for young, innovative companies to develop, test and market their ideas and turn them into a successful business. Over the course of six months, the chosen start-ups will have access to a powerful mix of entrepreneurial, business and technical expertise from LafargeHolcim, CCCC and Sika and other external specialized partners. Other benefits include:
- Access to the best R&D equipment in the construction industry,
- Hands-on guidance from over 150 R&D experts from LafargeHolcim,
- Mentoring from seasoned business specialists and top managers,
- Connections with investors,
- Potential business opportunities with major players in the building industry,
- Free office space in LafargeHolcim’s R&D Center in Lyon, France.
“We created the LH Accelerator program because we believe in open innovation,” says Simon Wiedemann, program leader for LafargeHolcim. “Our industry must provide solutions to global issues like climate change and urbanization. We will achieve this through innovation and by combining the new ideas of start-ups with the proven experience of major players along the whole construction value chain. This can be a game-changer.”